The new Booooooom project is here!
The idea is to have people from all over the world create letters, photograph them, and physically mail the photos to the café! I shot a few sets of letters on the beach with some friends to kick it off.
Hopefully over time there will be a giant collection of these letters that people at Fresh Café can use to spell fun messages!
The letter “M” by 123Kids.
So here’s how it works:
1. Find or create a letter (or if you’re really feeling inspired create a whole alphabet).
2. Take a photo of your letter (vertical photos only). Try to make the letter fill as much of the photo as possible as it needs to be recognizable from a distance.
3. If you are on Twitter or Instagram you can do one of the following things (if you’re not, you can skip this step):
Share your photo on Instagram with the hashtag #freshletterproject
Tweet your photo on Twitter to @Booooooom
4. Make a 4” x 6” print of your photo. Use a marker to write your name on the back of the photo as well as the letter you created, your location, and Twitter/Instagram name if you use them.
5. Put the print in an envelope and write in big letters:
TO: JASPER WONG
“FRESH LETTER PROJECT”
831 Queen Street
Honolulu HI 96813
When visitors at Fresh Café make messages using your letters they will tag you on Twitter/Instagram that way you’ll get to see your letters being used! I will also select messages to post here on Booooooom!