She writes: “The two people in the drawing are Kristin and Melle. These two friends of mine are the most crazy, creative and intelligent people I know. The place in the drawing is an old abandoned building at the campus of Universiteit van Twente. We broke into it and wandered around during evening. I love how adventurous my friends are. They add something nice to my life and make it so much better.
Unfortunately Kristin got back to America two weeks ago. She was an exchange student here at the art academy I also attend. I will visit her one day and have some adventures in America.”
I’ve been hooking up people with Herschel Supply goods (backpacks, duffels, etc) just for joining in on the fun. 3 lucky people will also receive our very special Booooooom and Herschel Supply bag. If you wanna join the project you have one week left to get your submission in! Read the instructions are below!
1. Download THIS TEMPLATE, print it off on any 8.5″ x 11″ paper.
2. Draw your picture, write a few sentences below it.
3. Scan the entire page and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “DRAWING ON THE PAST”. Deadline: August 4th, 2014. Works submitted digitally will be displayed on Booooooom.
4. To be eligible to be for the gallery show, you must physically mail in your original drawing. We must receive all entries by August 4th, 2014, leave enough time for shipping. Due to the number of potential submissions, drawings will not be returned. Mail your drawings to:
Suite 357 – 2416 Main St.
Vancouver, BC, V5T3E2
5. Share your work on Instagram and use the hashtag #drawingonthepast
By submitting artwork, each entrant gives Booooooom and Herschel Supply a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferrable, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up license to use, and display the artwork online, offline, or in print, including but not limited to, Booooooom.com, HerschelSupply.com, and the final gallery show. Booooooom and Herschel Supply also reserve the right to not display works submitted to this project for any reason. None of the artwork submitted will be made for sale.