This Wednesday is the grand opening of my friend Garret’s new club, Fortune Sound – and he wanted me to invite you all! RSVP here with your full name and ‘GRAND OPENING’. 147 East Pender. Chinatown. 9pm.
Things you should know:
1. It’s Vancouver’s only club built for sound, boasting a $250,000 sound system, one of the biggest in North America.
2. Shepard Fairey has an amazing 60 ft installation going all the way up the stairs (the widest he’s ever made).
3. My friend Kenta Goto (Brknhome) and Rick Klotz (Freshjive) are designing crazy private rooms at the back of the club.
4. There will be a Booooooom party here in the future.
See photos below.
I finagled my friends over at Lifetime Collective to give away some free stuff. So how does a tee, a sweatshirt, and a pair of jeans sound? You can even pick exactly which ones you want (choose from their entire Fall/Winter 2009 collection).
All you have to do to win is:
1. Sign up for their newsletter (top of the page).
2. Leave a comment below (convincing me to pick you… eventhough it won’t matter).
Make sure you use the same email address for their newsletter and for your comment here!
I’ll pick a winner at random – 6PM (PST) Monday.
I thought I’d extend my summer a little bit and head to Hawaii for the week. My friend Jasper has been taking our crew around to a bunch of fun spots. You can only jump off this rock when the tide is high enough, so we waited until someone else went first (my feet still touched the bottom).
Be home soon.