*Update – If you missed the live stream of “The Life of Pablo” and the debut of Yeezy Season 3, it’s playing on a loop here.
For the last 15 years, Odyssey Works have specialized in single-audience performances: studying the life of a single individual and then orchestrating the kind of intimate and immersive experiences their audiences-of-one never forget. Many are said to go on to change jobs or commit to loved ones afterward. So who better to write a guide book for creating life-changing moments? Check out the video below for more information on their Kickstarter!
I am really really really excited to announce our first-ever Booooooom Doodle Hunt! It starts today! So what is it exactly? Let me tell you!
A couple weeks ago I was hanging with my friend artist Luke Ramsey and I filmed him drawing a whole bunch of these really cool characters. We came up with the idea to hide them all around the site and give away original drawings to people who find them.
I also thought this would be a unique way just to say thanks for hanging around on Booooooom. With that in mind I asked my friends at Herschel Supply if they’d also hook us up with some bags as prizes!
So here’s how it works:
1. The Doodle Hunt begins today and runs until November 6th.
2. We have added 14 of Luke’s “hidden friends” to random posts starting from TODAY back to JUNE 1 2015 (5 months of posts, nothing is hidden further back than that).
3. There will be 1 additional drawing hidden on a post between now and November 6th. This will be the 15th doodle you will need to complete the set, so keep your eyes peeled on new posts in the next 3 weeks!
4. The “hidden friends” look like this:
5. Whenever you find a “hidden friend” save the image and make sure to record the URL of the post.
6. If you are able to find all 15 “hidden friends” send an email to email@example.com with the 15 images and the 15 URLs of the pages they were hiding. The first 4 people to find them all each win a Herschel Supply bag, and an original drawing by Luke Ramsey.
BONUS: There is 1 “hidden friend” that is RED instead of green. The first person to find it instantly wins a Herschel Supply bag!
UPDATE: The Red one has been found!
Happy hunting everyone and big thanks once again to Luke Ramsey and Herschel Supply. This is just for fun but maybe it could turn into a thing! We may give some hints as to the locations after the first week.
Heads up local people, Vancouver Art/Book Fair opens next week (October 17th-18th) at the Vancouver Art Gallery! Hooray! Last year’s event was amazing, and this year’s looks like it will be bigger and better with more than 70 exhibitors and great lineup of presenters.
The event is organized each year by Project Space, a non-profit dedicated to publication as an artistic practise. Translation: If you’re into books and zines you do not want to miss it! The Vancouver Art/Book Fair is actually the reason I got to be real life friends with Hugh from Landfill Editions after admiring what he does from afar for so long (we even went on a hike). So you might even make some new friends! Put it in your calendar.
If you are bored at work right now, this is relevant. You can now convert any image into a million emojis thanks to Eric Andrew Lewis, a web developer for The New York Times, who just released Emoji Mosaic. I “created” these emoji versions of classic artworks and it was fun for about 10 seconds. Is it pointless and dumb? Yes. But are you gonna try it out with one of the hundred selfies on your phone right now? That’s what I thought.