Paintings by Brooklyn-based artist Rebecca Bird. More below.
Gorgeous mandalas made out of copper wire and electronic components by Italian-born London-based artist Leonardo Ulian. More below.
In case you somehow missed it, we’ve officially launched our latest project, “Drawing On The Past”. I produced a special bag with my friends at Herschel Supply and we’re releasing it as part of an art project open to anyone!
This drawing above is from Zach Tutor, the talented guy behind Supersonic Art. The person, place, or thing that’s positively affected his life is the city of San Francisco. Not only was it the catalyst for starting his blog in the first place, it gave him a best friend, and a girl friend! So what is it for you? I wanna know who or what has helped shape who you are today.
If you’d like to submit a drawing to this project, I’d love that! We’ll be giving away some Herschel products to people who submit and three of our favourite submissions will receieve the very limited Herschel Supply x Booooooom bag.
1. Download THIS TEMPLATE, print it off on any 8.5″ x 11″ paper.
2. Draw your picture, write a few sentences below it.
3. Scan the entire page and email it to: email@example.com with the subject “DRAWING ON THE PAST”. Deadline: August 4th, 2014. Works submitted digitally will be displayed on Booooooom.
4. To be eligible to be for the gallery show, you must physically mail in your original drawing. We must receive all entries by August 4th, 2014, leave enough time for shipping. Due to the number of potential submissions, drawings will not be returned. Mail your drawings to:
Suite 357 – 2416 Main St.
Vancouver, BC, V5T3E2
5. Share your work on Instagram and use the hashtag #drawingonthepast