Tickets for tonight’s Pecha Kucha (Vancouver) sold out more than a week ago but if you got yourself tickets, I’ll see you there! I’ll be speaking LAST. Oh, come see me afterwards, I have gifts for you all!
I am proud to finally announce Booooooom Project #8 and it is a big one. I had been dropping little hints on Facebook and Twitter and now I can tell you what it is!
We are officially producing a music video for Denmark’s Choir of Young Believers!!! If you are up on music blogs then you already know, but in case you don’t Choir of Young Believers is orchestral pop music at its best! The group is essentially one guy, Jannis Noya Makrigiannis, although you may see as many as eight people on stage at a show. I think if you take one listen to the song Action/Reaction and you’ll see why I am so excited.
The main sources of inspiration for this project are Yeah Yeah Yeahs’ Cheated Hearts video and Michel Gondry’s book, You’ll Like This Film Because You’re In It.
All of the content will be supplied by you! Performing the song! Playing instruments (real or fake)! Singing! Dancing! Jumping! Lip-syncing! Whatever the song inspires you to do! Try to capture the emotion of the song!
1. Get the song here: Action/Reaction.mp3 (no longer available). Turn your stereo up to 11 and become one with the music.
2. Get a video camera and some friends together and go wild! We are looking for raw footage, so don’t worry about editing what you shoot. Just concentrate on getting the shots!
3. All of the submitted content will be edited into one video, so be creative! Feel free to film multiple versions!
4. Upload your footage to Youtube or Vimeo and email the link!
5. If you are shooting NTSC (North Americans) you may also submit your footage on miniDV, data CD, or data DVD by mailing it to:
6. Understand that by submitting your footage you are giving us permission to use your images in the video.
7. Submissions are due by July 7th 2009.
A-Z Idea Checklist – Feel free to use all or none of these ideas:
a) interpretive dance (i hope some of you go this direction)
b) costumes (elaborate or subtle)
c) sunrise, sunset
d) face paint
e) an open field (corn or otherwise)
g) find all the instruments and perform the song correctly
h) fake everything
i) cinéma vérité (move the camera! go wild!)
j) build elaborate sets (or film it all under a blanket on your bed)
l) literal or magical
m) perform on a rooftop (a building not a car… well its up to you)
n) paper mache
o) temporary tattoos
q) cardboard and duct tape
t) in the mall food court
v) beautiful people or ugly people
w) smoke machine
y) lens flares
I am looking forward to seeing your footage!
PS – here’s the LYRICS:
im spending my time/ walking spirals in line/ did i ever honestly believe/ a change of mind/ and then a change of position/ only action no reaction no/ this time is mine together we cant spend it anyway/ nothing is gonna change nothing is ever gonna change
and im a trigger/ your my gun/dont you wanna come/ dont you taste the times that come/ back and forth in one/ dont you wanna come/ if I could take you to a better place
she is a monument/ and everyone is talking/ like a vision its all crystal clear/ a change of mind and then a change of position did we ever honestly believe/ watching dead bodies and bombs falling from the sky/ nothing´s gonna change nothing is ever gonna change
and im a trigger/ your my gun/dont you wanna come/ dont you taste the times that come/ back and forth in one/
A few days ago roughly 80 of you participated in our “Sticker on your face” contest, on our Facebook Fan Page. Congratulations to David Henry Thomas and Stephen James Mellor! You were selected (using random.org) as the winners of the sticker packages, and somehow both of you ended being from Norwich (England)? The stickers are on their way, put ’em to good use!
Thank you all for joining in the fun, keep your eyes peeled for more contests!
I have two thiiiiick envelopes of Booooooom stickers with your names on ’em. If you want to win an envelope, here’s what you have to do:
1. Join our Fan Page.
2. Photoshop the Booooooom icon over your face and use it as your Facebook profile photo until Friday 6pm (Pacific). If you don’t have Photoshop, you may simply replace your profile photo with the icon.
3. Leave the message “Can we be best friends?” on the Fan Page wall. The wall message must be posted before Thursday 6pm (Pacific) to be eligible!
The winner will be announced Friday evening!
Yes, this is a scraggly haired photo of myself during production of my gradfilm (and it will be my profile photo during the contest). Good luck!!!
Today we launch our Facebook Fan Page! This will not replace the Facebook Group, it’s just that Facebook actually prevents me from sending out updates now due to our size (5000+). I have planned a bunch of projects and other fun things and they’ll all be more successful if I can quickly update all of you about them. So join the Fan Page if you want to show your support for the site and especially if you want to be involved in any of our upcoming projects or even help plan some of them.
The Facebook Group will continue to be the place to promote yourself and post links to things you think will inspire others!