Drawings by artist Stinne Bo, who lives and works in Copenhagen, Denmark.
A couple weeks ago we launched our Booooooom Doodle Hunt – our big online scavenger hunt – with bags from Herschel Supply and original drawings by Luke Ramsey up for grabs! The hunt ends this Friday so there’s still time to join in on the fun! Heads up for everyone already hunting, the last hidden drawing will be in one of the posts on Tuesday or Wednesday!
Subscribe to our Booooooom Youtube Channel
We shot the video above with Luke as he continuously drew characters for about 40 minutes. He challenged himself not to pause and think in the middle of any drawings, and tried to just let his mind go. Our original thought was to interview him but this ended up being something a lot more personal.
We are also selling 12 of Luke Ramsey’s original drawings in our shop! These are not prints, these are the original drawings! This may be one of the most affordable ways to own an original by Luke, and of course once they’re gone, they’re gone. Many years ago a dinosaur drawing he made was one of the first original pieces of art I bought.
Huge thank you to Luke Ramsey for being a part of this little experiment! It’s been so much fun, and the response has been so positive, we’ll definitely have to do this again with another artist! Thanks once again to Herschel Supply for supplying the prizes! Good luck to everyone hunting doodles!
Lovely drawings by Portugal-based artist Teresa Esgaio, using graphite, charcoal, and soft pastel. The dimensions of each drawing is a square meter; quite a lot bigger than I first assumed. I stumbled upon Esgaio’s work via October Submissions (which should encourage you to submit this month!) More images below!
You may have seen these drawing videos circulating the Internet! Stefan’s 3D drawings are so striking it’s hard to fathom how he’s been able to master this technique and make it look so simple. We created a little compilation of some of his most mind-bending drawings and asked him a few questions about creating them. Watch the video above and read the short interview below!
I am really really really excited to announce our first-ever Booooooom Doodle Hunt! It starts today! So what is it exactly? Let me tell you!
A couple weeks ago I was hanging with my friend artist Luke Ramsey and I filmed him drawing a whole bunch of these really cool characters. We came up with the idea to hide them all around the site and give away original drawings to people who find them.
I also thought this would be a unique way just to say thanks for hanging around on Booooooom. With that in mind I asked my friends at Herschel Supply if they’d also hook us up with some bags as prizes!
So here’s how it works:
1. The Doodle Hunt begins today and runs until November 6th.
2. We have added 14 of Luke’s “hidden friends” to random posts starting from TODAY back to JUNE 1 2015 (5 months of posts, nothing is hidden further back than that).
3. There will be 1 additional drawing hidden on a post between now and November 6th. This will be the 15th doodle you will need to complete the set, so keep your eyes peeled on new posts in the next 3 weeks!
4. The “hidden friends” look like this:
5. Whenever you find a “hidden friend” save the image and make sure to record the URL of the post.
6. If you are able to find all 15 “hidden friends” send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the 15 images and the 15 URLs of the pages they were hiding. The first 4 people to find them all each win a Herschel Supply bag, and an original drawing by Luke Ramsey.
BONUS: There is 1 “hidden friend” that is RED instead of green. The first person to find it instantly wins a Herschel Supply bag!
UPDATE: The Red one has been found!
Happy hunting everyone and big thanks once again to Luke Ramsey and Herschel Supply. This is just for fun but maybe it could turn into a thing! We may give some hints as to the locations after the first week.