Lovely drawings by Portugal-based artist Teresa Esgaio, using graphite, charcoal, and soft pastel. The dimensions of each drawing is a square meter; quite a lot bigger than I first assumed. I stumbled upon Esgaio’s work via October Submissions (which should encourage you to submit this month!) More images below!
You may have seen these drawing videos circulating the Internet! Stefan’s 3D drawings are so striking it’s hard to fathom how he’s been able to master this technique and make it look so simple. We created a little compilation of some of his most mind-bending drawings and asked him a few questions about creating them. Watch the video above and read the short interview below!
I am really really really excited to announce our first-ever Booooooom Doodle Hunt! It starts today! So what is it exactly? Let me tell you!
A couple weeks ago I was hanging with my friend artist Luke Ramsey and I filmed him drawing a whole bunch of these really cool characters. We came up with the idea to hide them all around the site and give away original drawings to people who find them.
I also thought this would be a unique way just to say thanks for hanging around on Booooooom. With that in mind I asked my friends at Herschel Supply if they’d also hook us up with some bags as prizes!
So here’s how it works:
1. The Doodle Hunt begins today and runs until November 6th.
2. We have added 14 of Luke’s “hidden friends” to random posts starting from TODAY back to JUNE 1 2015 (5 months of posts, nothing is hidden further back than that).
3. There will be 1 additional drawing hidden on a post between now and November 6th. This will be the 15th doodle you will need to complete the set, so keep your eyes peeled on new posts in the next 3 weeks!
4. The “hidden friends” look like this:
5. Whenever you find a “hidden friend” save the image and make sure to record the URL of the post.
6. If you are able to find all 15 “hidden friends” send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the 15 images and the 15 URLs of the pages they were hiding. The first 4 people to find them all each win a Herschel Supply bag, and an original drawing by Luke Ramsey.
BONUS: There is 1 “hidden friend” that is RED instead of green. The first person to find it instantly wins a Herschel Supply bag!
UPDATE: The Red one has been found!
Happy hunting everyone and big thanks once again to Luke Ramsey and Herschel Supply. This is just for fun but maybe it could turn into a thing! We may give some hints as to the locations after the first week.
Korean comic illustrator Kim Jung Gi is on a completely different level from everyone else. He creates insanely detailed large scale drawings without sketching anything; imagery just flows right out of him. His precision with ink is savant-like, and he says it comes from having a good memory. I’ve never really seen anything like it.
Have a look at more drawings and several astonishing live drawing videos below. Prepare yourself.
Artist Jeff McMillan’s work centers around the Prigus Sport League, a game that involves paddles, and wild dogs, and was invented by farmers in a town called Rabun Gap. If you’ve never heard of it before it’s because it doesn’t exist, but that doesn’t stop Jeff from touring around opening expansion teams in various cities. Have a look at some more of his work below.
One of my absolute favourite artists on this whole damn planet, Will Laren, is releasing a new zine Tat Squad #3. I’m the proud owner of a couple original drawings by him and a huge supporter of what he does because everything he makes is my favourite. Go follow him on Tumblr, and Instagram, and order his zine.
He wanted me to tell you his Tat Squad Oath is that if anyone out there gets a real tattoo of one of his designs in the zine that entitles you to free Tat Squad zines for life (all future issues).
Have a look at more drawings from the zine below.