Today from 11am to 2pm I’ll be at the Juice Truck shop (5th and Ontario) decorating pencils with anyone who wants to join me! Feel free to bring a pencil and art supplies or just show up without anything as I’ll have a ton of pencils, felts, paint, xacto blades, wood burners – whatever you want.
FYI – Anyone who mails pencils this week is eligible to snag one of three copies of the first-ever Booooooom book (I was given a few advanced copies, the book comes out in a couple months)! Include your mailing address when you email in your photo.
If you haven’t heard, we’re working with Tangible Interaction to build a collaborative sculpture in Barcelona for the IAM INTERNET festival. We’re using 3D-printed connectors to build a sculpture out of pencils mailed in from around the world. We want you to be a part of it!
1. Get a new or used pencil. The pencil can be round or hexagonal but should be standard width (if the pencil is too thick it will not fit our connectors) .
2. Use felts, paint, x-acto knife, whatever you want to decorate/personalize it. Include your name and city somewhere on it.
3. Photograph yourself holding your pencil. This part is optional but we would love to have a gallery of portraits of all the contributors.
4. Email your photo to: email@example.com with your name and full mailing address (if you wanna be eligible to snag a book).
5. Mail your pencil (you can send as many as you like) to:
304 – 1000 Parker Street
Vancouver BC V6A 2H2
Attn: Andres Colmenares
Carrer Sant Gervasi de Cassoles 37
6-3. 08022, Barcelona, Spain
Deadline for pencils is March 16th.