Adobe recently put forth a challenge to students in the UK with a cash prize of £10,000. The deadline is soon so if you want in on it you better work quick! Since so many of our readers live outside the UK I thought it might be fun to work with Adobe on our own project. They thought so too, so here it is!
The Booooooom + Adobe Remake photo project.
Here are the finalists in our “Shoot The Show” contest with Nikon! It was really tough but I have narrowed it down to 20 submissions. Your voting will decide who wins the camera from Nikon, and anyone who casts a vote will be eligible for a Booooooom prize pack as well!
So take a look and cast your vote!
1. Andy Sine
Nikon recently launched a contest in search of the coolest concert photos and I thought we could have our own – just for Booooooom readers! With so many amazing photographers frequenting this site and so many awesome concerts going on I thought it would be a fun way to wrap up the summer!
So here is the Booooooom + Nikon “Shoot The Show” Contest.
You chose Andrew Lawandus! Congratulations Andrew, your design will now be made into a Poketo wallet! I also promised that we’d give away a wallet to a voter but since so many of you voted we decided to give away 5 wallets instead! The 5 winners are:
Each of you has a message from me in your inbox! The wallets still have to be produced as we need the artwork from Andrew but rest assured you will all get your wallets sent to you once they are made! I should mention these people were chosen at random using a painstakingly difficult process I invented myself in which I manually copy/paste every single voter name into Word, assign each a number, and generate 5 random numbers using random.org.
A giant thank you to everyone for getting involved, making designs, and leaving positive comments on the submissions!
Stay tuned for the next project!
Last month we launched our “Before Life” project with Poketo and we finally have our finalists but we need your help to choose which one to make into a wallet! Oh yeah, everyone who votes is eligible to win one of the wallets!
We received nearly 300 submissions so narrowing them down was not easy! I picked my favourites, the Poketo team picked theirs, and after some arm wrestling we were left with these 5 designs:
FINALIST #1 – Jessica Fortner (see larger design here).
FINALIST #2 – Jake Pauls (see larger design here).
FINALIST #3 – Heiko Xylophone (see larger design here).
FINALIST #4 – Andrew Lawandus (see larger design here).
FINALIST #5 – Alice Maca (see larger design here).
VOTE HERE: facebook.com/booooooom
Poketo will produce 50 pieces of the winning design to be sold alongside the works of 200 other international artists. The winner gets 20 of the 50 limited edition wallets to keep and one of you voters snags a wallet too!
Voting ends Wednesday 9pm PST.
This is a chance for you to design a wallet and add your name to the impressive list of artists who have worked with Poketo! An open call for submissions like this is a first for them and we’re happy to be a part of it!
So here’s what you have to do (READ CAREFULLY):
1. CREATE! Design what you think “Before Life” was like. What did the world look like before we all got here? Did it have a lot of color? Did it ooze with neon? Did that primordial sludge really look quite handsome? You let us know!
2. DESIGN! Your design must be 300 DPI, 8.75″ width x 4″ height. But, DO NOT submit the hi resolution version. Make a low resolution version JPEG(no more than 1MB) for submission. If your design wins the contest, you will need to send us the hi resolution version later.
3. SUBMIT! Post your low resolution submission on Poketo’s Facebook Wall. Multiple submissions per artist are allowed. In the post title, write “Poketo x Booooooom Wallet Contest”. You have until July 3, 2011 to post your designs!
4. VOTE! We’ll post a gallery of selected submissions on Booooooom’s Facebook Wall and let you guys vote and help decide which design gets the top prize.
5. THE PRIZE! Winner will be announced on July 12, 2011. Poketo will produce 50 pieces of the winning design to be sold alongside the works of 200 other international artists on poketo.com. On top of props from both Booooooom and Poketo, the winner also gets 20 of the 50 limited edition wallets to keep. How’s that for bragging rights?
Don’t forget: Deadline for submissions is July 3, 2011. Post your wallet design on facebook.com/poketo. If you have any questions, post a comment here. Good luck and happy designing!