At the risk of having you never come back to this site, I have compiled a list of 17 other sites to feed your creative appetite. Dozens more could have been added to this list (perhaps there will be a sequel to it). Most of the sites included here do not get the credit they deserve, and even the popular ones deserve even more attention. In no particular order:
1. Triangle Triangle – A fantastic photoblog (my favourite on the entire internet). Jake’s tastes are really similar to mine.
2. My Love For You Is a Stampede of Horses – Meighan’s site is like Booooooom’s cousin who comes over to jump on the trampoline. We share a love of hand-crafted, folky work, and it has that same feeling you get when you listen to a pause mixtape dubbed on cassette.
3. I Heart Photograph – Sometimes when you are training to fight and kill your arch nemesis, it helps to tape a photo of their face to the ceiling. Then you can get some reps in on the bench press and still focus on your victory. Similarly, all you photographers might want to duct tape a laptop over your bed so you can wake up every morning and just focus on this website.
4. Meathaus – Pages and pages of comic and cartooning inspiration that I don’t see on every other blog out there!
5. The Strange Attractor – Newly re-designed! You will quickly see why I visit TSA often. I like to think the name is a reference to when you like that girl with the mustache but you don’t want to admit that’s why, so you just tell your friends ‘shes got that TSA’ and they totally get it.
6. Human Resources – A great selection of mostly design-related content. I don’t see this one mentioned very much.
7. Beautiful/Decay – One of the few (very few) art mags out there with a blog worth visiting daily. Fresh re-design has it looking like the old Mac OS.
8. Grain Edit – Focused on graphics from the 1950s-1970s, it is a wonderful resource if you have a soft spot for vintage design work.
9. 20 x 200 – When 20×200 first started prints were available in runs of 200 for the bargain basement price of $20. I am directly linking to their blog – it’s a great cross-section of artists and all the work you see is available for purchase.
10. Ventilate – Always has a great selection of the latest motion graphics work, music videos, and short films.
11. Swiss Legacy – Curated by Xavier Encinas, the site focuses on graphic design and typography. Everything posted here is worth a peek.
12. The Selby – Todd Selby’s photos and videos of interesting people are so engaging. Love the hand-written interviews as well! If you check out the archives you will get stuck there.
13. Grafikcache – Another fantastic design resource, I like the minimal presentation (hooray for Courier!) because it really puts all the focus on the work.
15. Yes Yes Y’all – A music blog that has introduced me to more than a couple new artists and quite unique in that it’s run by some guys with a real love of design.
16. Nevver – Brilliantly curated by Peter Nidzgorski, the concept is simple: A random film still and a random song (mp3). It’s perfect.
17. Yewknee – Michael’s site is a little dose of everything and is the antithesis to a lot of the other sites on this list. He doesn’t just post pictures or links, he often adds a little blurb and voices his opinion (totally agree with his realisation that Donnie Darko was a fluke).
- – -
So there’s the list! Feel free to leave a comment and cut me down (for forgetting your site) or butter me up (for next time)!
- – -
Tweets by @Booooooom
Tweets about "@booooooom"