He writes: “It’s hard to write something like this without sounding overly sentimental or hackneyed but my younger brother has always been a model for me. Despite being diagnosed with dyslexia when he was six, by twenty he maintains a fluency in three foreign languages and can read and write in several others. I doubt he knows, but his resiliency and determination have fed my efforts since we were kids, and his support and inspiration have been a driving force in forming the artist I am today.”
All this month I will be hooking up people with Herschel Supply goods (backpacks, duffels, etc) just for joining in on the fun. I’ll be picking a couple more this week. 3 lucky people will receive our very special Booooooom and Herschel Supply bag. If you wanna join the project the instructions are below!
1. Download THIS TEMPLATE, print it off on any 8.5″ x 11″ paper.
2. Draw your picture, write a few sentences below it.
3. Scan the entire page and email it to: email@example.com with the subject “DRAWING ON THE PAST”. Deadline: August 4th, 2014. Works submitted digitally will be displayed on Booooooom.
4. To be eligible to be for the gallery show, you must physically mail in your original drawing. We must receive all entries by August 4th, 2014, leave enough time for shipping. Due to the number of potential submissions, drawings will not be returned. Mail your drawings to:
Suite 357 – 2416 Main St.
Vancouver, BC, V5T3E2
5. Share your work on Instagram and use the hashtag #drawingonthepast
By submitting artwork, each entrant gives Booooooom and Herschel Supply a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferrable, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up license to use, and display the artwork online, offline, or in print, including but not limited to, Booooooom.com, HerschelSupply.com, and the final gallery show. Booooooom and Herschel Supply also reserve the right to not display works submitted to this project for any reason. None of the artwork submitted will be made for sale.