She writes: “This is Linh Nguyen, my sister. Growing up with Linh was not the easiest thing in the world because of her illness. She would constantly follow me around and did everything I did. I constantly got annoyed but looking back I realized her willingness to learn and explore was like no other. I am still trying to learn how to be like her every day. Thanks to her I see the tremendous value of human life and the importance of not taking people for granted.”
All this month I will be hooking up people with Herschel Supply goods (backpacks, duffels, etc) just for joining in on the fun. I’ll be picking a couple more this week. 3 lucky people will receive our very special Booooooom and Herschel Supply bag. If you wanna join the project the instructions are below!
1. Download THIS TEMPLATE, print it off on any 8.5″ x 11″ paper.
2. Draw your picture, write a few sentences below it.
3. Scan the entire page and email it to: email@example.com with the subject “DRAWING ON THE PAST”. Deadline: August 4th, 2014. Works submitted digitally will be displayed on Booooooom.
4. To be eligible to be for the gallery show, you must physically mail in your original drawing. We must receive all entries by August 4th, 2014, leave enough time for shipping. Due to the number of potential submissions, drawings will not be returned. Mail your drawings to:
Suite 357 – 2416 Main St.
Vancouver, BC, V5T3E2
5. Share your work on Instagram and use the hashtag #drawingonthepast
By submitting artwork, each entrant gives Booooooom and Herschel Supply a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferrable, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up license to use, and display the artwork online, offline, or in print, including but not limited to, Booooooom.com, HerschelSupply.com, and the final gallery show. Booooooom and Herschel Supply also reserve the right to not display works submitted to this project for any reason. None of the artwork submitted will be made for sale.