She writes: “There’s a large age gap between my sisters and I; this print is the bedding from their childhood, and then of course, mine. I’ve always seen my sisters in a golden light – wanting to be more grown up and cool like them. When I moved to San Francisco (grew up), I borrowed this bedding from our parents. I’ve always been a “nostalgic hoarder” for my family and this print reminds me of home, being a child, and wanting to grow up too fast. It more specifically reminds me that I am still a child and the desire to be ‘cool’ like my sisters is the reality I’m living! Life’s funny that way.”
I’ve been hooking up people with Herschel Supply goods (backpacks, duffels, etc) just for joining in on the fun. 3 lucky people will also receive our very special Booooooom and Herschel Supply bag. If you wanna join the project the instructions are below!
1. Download THIS TEMPLATE, print it off on any 8.5″ x 11″ paper.
2. Draw your picture, write a few sentences below it.
3. Scan the entire page and email it to: [email protected]om with the subject “DRAWING ON THE PAST”. Deadline: August 4th, 2014. Works submitted digitally will be displayed on Booooooom.
4. To be eligible to be for the gallery show, you must physically mail in your original drawing. We must receive all entries by August 4th, 2014, leave enough time for shipping. Due to the number of potential submissions, drawings will not be returned. Mail your drawings to:
Suite 357 – 2416 Main St.
Vancouver, BC, V5T3E2
5. Share your work on Instagram and use the hashtag #drawingonthepast
By submitting artwork, each entrant gives Booooooom and Herschel Supply a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferrable, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up license to use, and display the artwork online, offline, or in print, including but not limited to, Booooooom.com, HerschelSupply.com, and the final gallery show. Booooooom and Herschel Supply also reserve the right to not display works submitted to this project for any reason. None of the artwork submitted will be made for sale.