Watercolor paintings by artist Julian Meagher. See more below!
Today we launch a new Booooooom project #FriendlyGangSigns.
Here are the instructions:
1. Use your hands to make letters and take photos of them.
2. Arrange the photos to spell out a message. It could be something funny, your New Year’s resolution, life motto, a love letter, anything. You can certainly make something more creative than the two images here (I spent a grand total of 10 minutes making them).
3. Share your magnificent creation on Instagram, and be sure to hashtag #FriendlyGangSigns and tag @Booooooom.
Please submit square format photos. There’s a free app called framemagic that allows you to arrange a 2×2, 3×3, 4×4, even a 5×5 square. Another option is to just screenshot your camera roll.
You can use filters, but don’t go overboard.
The most creative, funny, thought-provoking, submissions will be shared on Booooooom. Two winners will be picked on January 20th and each will snag the entire collection of tees I designed for Aritzia.
Thank you for all the great work you submitted to the December Submissions post last month. I was able to feature some great work that I might not have otherwise found and I’m still bookmarking things.
It’s really satisfying to see lots of you leaving encouraging comments and upvoting the work you like. That’s the whole point!
This is the January Submissions post, please share your work here during the month of January. The comments are enabled to allow images so make sure post an image along with a link to your website.
1. Please don’t flood the comments with a dozen images, just post 1 image that represents your best work along with 1 link.
2. If you see good work posted by someone upvote it so it appears at the top. This is not just a nice thing to do, it helps me see what work you actually like.
3. You can/should also encourage people who are sharing good work here! Comment on their posts and let them know you like what they’re doing. I really want to foster a community here, and this is a simple way you can connect with other people making work.
4. Keep in mind your post may not show up right away because it has an image attached. It may need to be manually approved first so don’t freak out and post a million times, once is enough.