If you follow @Booooooom on Instagram you may have already seen hints about this! I’m excited to announce that my friends at Herschel Supply and I have made a special bag together and we are releasing it as part of an art project called “Drawing On The Past”.
After years of people asking if there’s anything they can buy to show support for the site, this is it! This is the first real Booooooom product (and not the last). It’s special to me for many reasons; one being that Andrea Wan, one of my all-time favourite artists, drew the pattern for the inside of the bag. Watch the video below before I give it all away!
There are only 75 bags for sale, and they will go live July 7th at 9am PST on Herschel’s website, bookmark this link: here.
As a little reward for reading all this text, I’ll tell you that if you join the Booooooom Secret Email Club you will get a heads up for purchasing the bags earlier than that.
Extra incentive to take part in the project: We’ll be hooking up some people with Herschel products and three (3) lucky people, whose submissions we especially like, will win the Herschel Supply and Booooooom bag.
I want you to draw a person, place, or thing, that’s had a positive impact on your life, and write a few sentences about it. I’ll be showcasing these drawings on Booooooom, and sharing your stories. The project will end with an art show here in Vancouver, where we will show selected work from the project (I’d like to show as much as we can possibly fit in the space).
I really want to encourage those of you who don’t normally draw or make art to be a part of this project. The template you download will have space to draw and to write, and both are important. Drawing has two meanings, and this project is as much about moving a pen on a page, as it is about remembering a moment.
1. Download THIS TEMPLATE, print it off on any 8.5″ x 11″ paper.
2. Draw your picture, write a few sentences below it.
3. Scan the entire page and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “DRAWING ON THE PAST”. Deadline: August 4th, 2014.
4. To be eligible to be for the gallery show, you must physically mail in your original drawing. We must receive all entries by August 4th, 2014, leave enough time for shipping. Due to the number of potential submissions, drawings will not be returned. Mail your drawings to:
Suite 357 – 2416 Main St.
Vancouver, BC, V5T3E2
5. Share your work on Instagram and use the hashtag #drawingonthepast
By submitting artwork, each entrant gives Booooooom and Herschel Supply a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferrable, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up license to use, and display the artwork online, offline, or in print, including but not limited to, Booooooom.com, HerschelSupply.com, and the final gallery show. Booooooom and Herschel Supply also reserve the right to not display works submitted to this project for any reason. None of the artwork submitted will be made for sale.